16th September 2015

CorpusChristi opening1

  

The Lord True CBE, Leader of Richmond Council, and Lady True visited the College today to officially open the Corpus Christi block, the magnificent Edwardian building which was extensively refurbished over the summer. Lord True was instrumental in the establishment of the College in the face of determined opposition from those who did not want a Catholic secondary school in this borough. Lord and Lady True were welcomed and thanked by Mr Burke, our Principal and Mr Cole, chairman of the governing body both of whom thanked them for their unswerving support over many years. In a simple ceremony, Lord True cut a red ribbon across a plaque to mark the event. He addressed staff and pupils in a moving speech congratulating the whole College community for the great things that had been achieved since it opened in September 2013 and expressed his belief that St Richard Reynolds will continue provide for the educational and spiritual needs for the pupils here now and for generations to come . The Episcopal Vicar for West London, Father Christopher Vipers, was invited to bless crucifixes which will hang in the new classrooms before blessing every room in the building with Holy Water. Father Chris, explained that he was representing the Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster and brought his congratulations and blessings to the College and thanked everyone for creating such a splendid school.

3rd September 2015

Firstdaycomp

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There were lots of smiling faces as 151 Year 7 pupils, all immaculated turned out, were welcomed on their first day at St Richard Reynolds by Principal Mr Burke in the College Hall before they were allocated to their tutor groups and met their teachers and support staff and made their way to their classrooms in the newly refurbished Corpus Christi block. They will be joined tomorrow by Years 8 and 9 at a special votive Mass of the Feast of our patron, St Richard Reynolds. The whole College community wishes our third cohort of pupils every success and happiness as they begin the next chapter of their education.

1st September 2015

staff mass3

staff mass2

 

 

 

 

 

 

Governor Monsignor William Saunders this morning blessed our new chapel in the newly refurbished Corpus Christi building before celebrating a votive Mass of the Feast of Pope St Gregory the Great, the patron saint of teachers, for staff. Staff have been working over the summer holidays to make sure everything is ready for the new academic year but this was the first time all staff were gathered together and the Mass was a fitting way to mark the beginning of a new term. The chapel will host class masses throughout the year as well as providing a place for personal prayer and reflection for staff and pupils. The chapel was completed only hours before the Mass began and the paint was still wet in places! The College needs to buy a number of items for the chapel including a tabernacle and candlesticks. If you would like to make a donation towards the cost, please contact the College office.

19th August 2015

Building comp

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

St Richard Reynolds has been a hive of activity of the summer holidays. The Edwardian building refurbishment is nearing completion and the changes to the Haile block are well advanced. Site Manager, John, is confident that everything will be ready for the start of term on 3rd September when our new Year 7 pupils arrive. Many of our staff are already back and hard at work preparing the College for the new term. Pictured above (l-r) is one of the refurbished classrooms, our new food technology room and one of the fabulous new art rooms. This is stage two of the development of the College site. Further refurbishment and the building of a new teaching block will begin next year.

19th July 2014

Syon2

Syon1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

An ecumenical celebration of the 600th Anniversary of the foundation of Syon Abbey of the Order of the Most Holy Saviour (the Bridgettines) was hosted by the Duke of Northumberland and led by HE Vincent, Cardinal Nichols at Syon House. The Abbey was founded at Twickenham not far from St Richard Reynolds Catholic College in 1415 by Henry V before moving to the site of the current Syon House in 1431. The event was organised jointly by Syon Park, Our Lady of Sorrows and St Bridget Catholic Church and All Saints Church parish, Isleworth. Four SRR pupils Nelly Kobrzynska, Oscar Malone, Liam Glesson and Joely Ahern met the Cardinal before presenting a copy of the College's painting of St Richard Reynolds to the manager of Syon House (see picture with Mr Cole and Mr Burke above) Richard Reynolds entered Syon Abbey in 1513 before being martyred at Tyburn in 1535. Part of his body was laid at the doors of the monastery which was destroyed on the orders of Thomas Cromwell. Among the guests were The Mayor and Consort of Hounslow.