In this section you will find information about our learning and teaching philosophy and curriculum. We aim for our curriculum to be creative, relevant and inspiring so that it meets the needs of all our pupils.
Religious Education is at the heart of our curriculum and lessons are carefully planned to ensure that all areas of the Bishops’ Curriculum Directory are met. Catholic Social Teaching is also embedded in our teaching to ensure that engagement with religious teaching is not solely the preserve of RE lessons but part of the development of the whole person.
Our College Vision forms the basis upon which our curriculum is based, so that the children entrusted to us will:
- experience the benefit of positive relationships
- develop ‘bucket loads’ of confidence
- attain the academic outcomes they need and are capable of achieving
- develop the skills and attributes that will help them succeed in an ever-changing world
- grow in faith and strive to live their lives as the person God has created them to be
Specialist teachers from the High School deliver PE, Music and French lessons. These subjects alongside our co-curricular offer enables our pupils to develop skills and knowledge beyond the curriculum and progress further in areas of personal interest.
Each term, we provide a detailed outline of the topics, learning objectives and vocabulary to be covered in each year group. We share these with parents and these can be found on the class pages of our school website.